Sam joins Nichols Liu after a clerkship with the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals. He is a 2019 graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center, where he served as a Staff Editor for the Journal of National Security Law and Policy, and a 2010 graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. Prior to law school, Sam served as a cavalry officer in the 173rd Airborne Brigade, where he received the Bronze Star for Merit, Purple Heart, Combat Action Badge, and Parachutist Badge.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2019
- United States Military Academy at West Point, B.A., 2010
Bar and Court Admissions
- Virginia State bar. Admitted only in Virginia; practice limited to matters before federal courts, federal agencies, and District of Columbia agencies; admission to D.C. Bar pending; work supervised by D.C. Bar members.
- Must an Offeror Notify an Agency of a Key Personnel Change After Proposal Submissions? (February 17, 2022) Co-authors Sam Van Kopp, Robert Nichols, and Andrew Victor
- The Consequence of Failing to Re-certify as a Small Business After Merger in Multiple Award Contracts: Apparently No Consequence (January 25, 2022) Co-authors Sam Van Kopp and Andrew Victor
- Contract Terminations and Cost Settlements for federal contractors in Afghanistan (October 25, 2021) Co-authors: Sam Van Kopp, Alan Chvotkin, Adrian Wigston, and Robert Nichols
- Afghan Refugee Centers – A Note for Families and Friends of Refugees (October 5, 2021) Co-authors: Sam Van Kopp and Alan Chvotkin
- Formalization of Enhanced Debriefings Coming Soon to DOD Procurements (June 18, 2021) Co-authors: Andrew Victor, Sam Van Kopp, and Haaleh Katouzian
- 2020 Year-End Review of Top Health Care False Claims Act Enforcement Cases and Trends (February 2021) Co-authors: Andy Liu, Robert Rhoad, Andrew Victor, and Sam Van Kopp
- Planning For Coronavirus FEMA Public Assistance Program Arbitrations Before The Civilian Board Of Contract Appeals: Guidelines For Local Governments, Tribes, And Private Nonprofit Organizations (August 2020) Co-authors: Robert Nichols, Shiva Hamidinia, and Sam Van Kopp
- The Course of Dealing Doctrine in Government Contracts: The ASBCA Applies Years of Contract Performance to Resolve Ambiguity in Favor of Contractor (July 27, 2020) Co-authors: Andy Liu and Sam Van Kopp