Trusted adviser and creative problem solver Jeremiah Centrella helps international businesses, non-profit organizations, and government contractors solve complex challenges. His experience spans all legal aspects of international aid and development organizations, from global organizational structuring and international non-profit mergers to complex host country registrations and international crisis management.
Jeremiah is a trusted sector-wide leader and adviser on many of the key legal issues facing international non-governmental organizations, particularly issues related to operating in high-risk environments. He is a global expert on issues related to operating in areas with close proximity to designated terrorist organizations and sanctioned entities. He is also an expert on issues related to use of distributed ledger technology (blockchain and cryptocurrency) in aid and development operations.
Prior to joining Nichols Liu, Jeremiah was General Counsel for Mercy Corps, one of the world’s leading, global humanitarian aid organizations and one of the largest recipients of USAID assistance. Before Mercy Corps he was In-House Counsel at Columbia Helicopters Inc., where he advised on government contract compliance, international transaction, and export control issues.
Clients praise Jeremiah for his collaborative approach, creativity and ability to achieve the right outcome for the mission.
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D. Cum Laude, 2007
- East Shanghai University of Politics and Law, Chinese Law Certificate, (Summer) 2005
- Colorado College, B.A., Political Economics, 2002
Bar and Court Admissions
- Oregon State Bar
- Emerging Leader of the Year, InsideNGO, 2012
- Commitment to Justice Leadership Award, Willamette University College of Law Public Interest Law Project, 2017
Practice & Expertise
- General Counsel Services
- International Non-Profit Organizations
- International Crisis Management