Investigator and Cost Accountant
Incurred cost audits, indirect cost rates, bid proposals, sub-recipient and sub-contract Management, cost-share contributions for cooperative agreements.
Former DCAA auditor and OIG auditor (Energy & Veterans Affairs) with extensive experience conducting incurred cost and performance audits.
Adrian is a Certified Fraud Examiner and a former OIG and DCAA auditor. His practice includes assisting clients to navigate and respond to high impact audit findings and questioned costs, as well as providing support for internal investigations.
At DCAA, he specialized in Incurred Cost contract auditing and was a champion of indirect costing including complex corporate and home office allocations for large corporations with subsidiaries. He handled engagements for both CAS covered and non-major defense contractors. Adrian was also an auditor for the Department of Energy OIG and Department of Veterans Affairs OIG, where he audited grants and agreements and investigated allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse.
Adrian’s broad experience brings a unique background and understanding of international development environments and their inherent strategic and risk management challenges that will serve non-profit organizations as well as for-profit, and defense contractors.
- University of West Florida, BSBA
- Contract Terminations and Cost Settlements for federal contractors in Afghanistan (October 25, 2021) Co-authors: Sam Van Kopp, Alan Chvotkin, Adrian Wigston, and Robert Nichols
- Getting Investigations Right: Best Practices for Navigating Common and Divergent Interests (May 21, 2019) Co-Authors: Annie Kim, Adrian Wigston, Andy Liu, Robert Nichols
- Getting Disclosures Right: Navigating Risks and Inconsistencies Between Regulations and Agency Expectations (April 25, 2019) Co-Authors: Annie Kim, Adrian Wigston, Andy Liu, Robert Nichols
- Indirect Cost Series Part 1 – Think Costs, Not Rates (April 24, 2019) Co-Authors: Adrian Wigston and Rick Claybrook
- Afghan Taxes: Amnesty Program Deadline Creates Urgency for Contractors to Address Longstanding Legal Questions, PubK (December 3, 2018). Co-Authors: Robert Nichols, Andrew Victor, and Adrian Wigston