Nichols Liu LLP is a fast growing, boutique government contracts law firm located at Gallery Place in the heart of Washington, D.C.
The Paralegal supports attorneys, performing a variety of functions that may include factual research, document analysis, cite checking and Shepardizing, case file management, and litigation support, all as directed by the supervising attorney. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail and autonomy is essential. You will be fully engaged and busy from the first day, and will have potential for growth opportunities based on performance.
Specific duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Examining, organizing, summarizing, and analyzing information relating to particular questions to create a logical and usable work product
- Investigating factual issues by using a variety of resources, including local libraries, web sites, client repositories, and other outside sources
- Maintaining client, matter, or practice group specific libraries in hard copy or electronic format (or both)
- Presenting results of all projects in effectively written memos, e-mails, or in logical discussion
- Coordinating the storage of client information
- Maintaining all administrative standards set by the firm, including the preparation and submittal of daily time entries, attendance at administrative meetings, and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience as a paralegal
- Working understanding of the legal terminology specific to government contracts and litigation
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to be trained on specific practice group technology
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow up on assignments independently
- Positive, flexible and committed attitude
- Critical thinking skills sufficient to make decisions regarding daily work, a willingness to follow instructions, and responsibility to bring all problems, concerns, or discrepancies to the attention of the supervising attorney
- Remain current in practice area industry trends and in the legal profession
- Take the initiative in handling projects and anticipating what needs to be done
Additional tasks and qualifications will be required as needed. This is a full-time salaried position, compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please send cover letter and resume to Abigail White at [email protected]
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Firm that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment and dismissal. In addition, it is the Firm’s policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind including, without limitation, that which is sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related or ethnic background-related.