We are seeking a mid-level or senior associate with BigLaw training and experience in government contracts and/or corporate transactions.
Nichols Liu LLP is a fast growing, boutique government contracts law firm located at Gallery Place in the heart of Washington, D.C.
Success at Nichols Liu requires sharing the Firm’s commitment to high-quality service and dedication to clients, while contributing to the goal of building one of the top government practices in the country.
We believe that rewarding the mere accumulation of billable hours provides the wrong incentive, can result in unhealthy competition among lawyers, and can detract from client service. We expect every professional to be effective, efficient, and responsible in contributing to billable work and firm growth and culture. Providing exceptional client service and being a good lawyer and person are the basis for compensation.
The Firm is committed to providing the training, opportunity for professional development, and client responsibility consistent with increasing levels of experience and competence, that enable our associates to become outstanding lawyers.
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer that makes all employment decisions based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Exhibit the flexibility and professionalism to work in a variety of client-related settings, including interfacing with staff through C-level executives.
- Demonstrate effective listening and verbal skills.
- Take ownership and are able to drive an initiative with limited instructional oversight.
- Deliver accurate, complete, and high quality work to clients.
- Have an aptitude for quick learning and subject matter expertise development.
- Have the ability to operate independently in an environment with competing priorities.
- Generate new ideas and see the execution of those ideas from inception to completion.
- Participate in business development efforts and knowledge management activities.
- Develop an understanding of Nichols Liu’s service offerings, tools and techniques.
- Develop a network with clients and peers.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit by actively contributing to the growth of the firm.