Nichols Liu LLP, is a fast growing, boutique government contracts law firm located at Gallery Place in the heart of Washington, D.C.
Successful associates at Nichols Liu share the Firm's commitment to high-quality service and dedication to clients, while pursuing the goal of building their own unique contribution to the Firm. The Firm is equally committed to providing the training, opportunity for professional development, and client responsibility, consistent with increasing levels of experience and competence, that enable our associates to become outstanding lawyers. Providing exceptional client service is a hallmark of Nichols Liu. Billable hours, while often reflective of effort, are not the singular, or even most instructive, measure of an associate's contribution to providing that service.
Associates are not expected to mark time or to show up on a weekend just to be visible. We expect our associates to be effective and efficient. When our lawyers determine how to spend their time, common sense, rather than a spirit of competition, prevails.
Our Managing Partners have emphasized that while we intend to keep our salaries competitive, we will not link salary to billable hour requirements. We believe that rewarding the mere accumulation of billable hours provides the wrong incentive, can result in unhealthy competition among lawyers, and can detract from client service.
We encourage all of our lawyers to find a successful balance between the demands of client service, community involvement, family, and personal interests. This balance is often vital to long-term success and enjoyment in the practice of law. The great diversity of our lawyers' backgrounds, interests, and talents reflects their success in building full lives while also engaging in one of the world's most challenging and stimulating legal practices.
We Are Looking For Exceptional Candidates Who
- Have earned a minimum of a Juris Doctorate degree. Preferred specialization and experience in Government Contracts.
- Demonstrate enhanced skills in data analysis, critical thinking, and analytical problem solving.
- Deliver accurate, complete, and high quality work to clients.
- Have an aptitude for quick learning and subject matter expertise development.
- Demonstrate effective listening and verbal skills.
- Take ownership and are able to drive an initiative with limited instructional oversight.
- Have the ability to operate independently in an environment with competing priorities.
- Exhibit the flexibility and professionalism to work in a variety of client-related settings, including interfacing with staff through C-level executives.
- Generate new ideas and see the execution of those ideas from inception to completion.
- Are willing to participate in business development efforts and knowledge management activities.
- Develop an understanding of Nichols Liu’ service offerings, tools and techniques.
- Begin to develop a network with clients and peers.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit by actively contributing to the growth of the company.
- Have accelerated capabilities with Microsoft Office programs.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, challenging and rewarding work. Please send cover letter and resume to Abigail White at [email protected]
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Firm that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment and dismissal. In addition, it is the Firm’s policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind including, without limitation, that which is sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related or ethnic background-related.