Arlington, VA/Washington DC/Remote
Full Time Position
Nichols Liu LLP, a top-rated government contracts firm, is currently seeking a mid-level paralegal to work on a variety of corporate and litigation matters.
The candidate will work for Nichols Liu and support an international non-profit organization that is a global leader advancing security, health, and economic progress by mitigating threats and enhancing opportunities through science, innovation, and collaboration.
This is an opportunity to work on challenging projects in a flexible and collegial environment where your professional development and personal wellness are priorities aligned with excellent client services.
The ideal candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as a member of a diverse team, and be excited about the potential for challenging work, professional development, and direct interactions with clients.
Compensation range for this position is: $70,000 to $95,000.
Nichols Liu offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, professional memberships, training allowance, an inviting office environment, and much more.
The position will be in Washington DC two days per week, at a client’s office in Arlington VA two days per week, and flexibility to work from home one day a week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and manage secure SharePoint “Resource Centers” for different business functions
- Review, analyze, and provide feedback on client files, data, and documents
- Interact with foreign legal counsel on overseas compliance issues
- Cite-check, Bluebook, and proofread pleadings, briefs, and other legal documents.
- Assist in drafting of legal documents including, but not limited to, corporate filings, basic court filings, contracts, letters, and memoranda
- Assistance in managing corporate insurance policies, claims, and related matters
- Perform basic research
- Prepare materials for and provide other assistance in support of depositions, hearings, trials, and presentations
- Create and maintain case management database
- Annual billable hour target of 1,800
- Bachelor’s Degree or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved paralegal program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience with government contracts or litigation
- A minimum of three (3) years of corporate experience is required
- Experience in corporate registration and entity management
- Experience in litigation and e-discovery databases a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Tech savvy – A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and collaboration tools (Outlook, Word, SharePoint, Power Point, Teams, One Note, Excel, etc.)
- Familiarity with entity management
- Working knowledge of requirements and documentation pertinent to business filings and regulatory compliance
- In-depth knowledge of legal principles and practices, legal research techniques, and legal terminology
- Ability to work for multiple supervisors and manage workloads
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound judgment and the ability to instinctively follow-up on assignments
- Proven success providing excellent service to internal customers and clients
- Positive, flexible, and committed attitude to work as a team player in a collaborative working environment
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com