Our unique advantage is our combination of premium expertise, modern approaches, and value-driven service.
We engineered Nichols Liu from the ground up – by combining our experience at leading firms, agencies, and contractors with feedback and recommendations from our clients.
Robert Nichols and Andy Liu formed Nichols Liu with advice from Gail Steinel, Executive-in-Residence, Yale School of Management.
We eat, sleep, and breathe government contracts. It’s what we do.
We maintain the same high standards from our prior, BigLaw firms.
Predictable, Fair Pricing
We use legal project management to scope matters, budget reliably, and monitor progress. And we are happy to share the risks and rewards.
We build creative, effective approaches to achieve your business objectives. Our track record of achieving superior results speaks for itself.
Responsive and Timely
We give prompt attention to your needs, timely return emails and phone calls, and always meet deadlines.
We provide honest, well-reasoned advice to help you make good decisions.
What Our Clients Say
“We are proud to say Nichols Liu is our firm for government contracts.
Jim Pickup, General Counsel, The Aspen Institute
They understand our expectations and provide enlightened,
“As a general counsel, I care about how my law firms are at finding creative solutions
Helle Weeke, General Counsel, DAI
to thorny problems while continuously improving on the value delivered to
my company. The Nichols Liu team excels in both areas.”
“I trust Nichols Liu for their rare combination of quality legal advice, creative
Whit Cobb, General Counsel, PAE
business solutions, and tenacious commitment to achieving positive
outcomes for their clients.”
Our Guiding Principles
1. Client satisfaction is our number one priority.
2. We provide a broad range of legal, investigative, and government relations services to be a one-stop shop for government contractors.
3. We learn our client’s business and strategic objectives, and relentlessly pursue success as defined by our clients.
4. We don’t just serve as legal technicians, but as trusted advisors who deliver helpful advice and concise recommendations that are actionable in the context of our clients’ businesses.
5. We constantly seek cost efficiencies and share those savings with our clients.
6. We train our lawyers on legal project management, creative problem solving, and managing matters for efficiency.
7. We proactively offer alternative fee structures that give clients options and predictability while rewarding successful outcomes.
8. We leverage technology for our mutual benefit in terms of collaboration, transparency, and efficiency.
9. We consider our clients’ issues as our own, and we partner with them to achieve shared objectives.
10. We budget realistically for what is likely to occur and for worst case scenarios, and provide transparency as we incur costs, to avoid surprises.
In the Press
Nichols Liu steadily growing with latest addition of government contracts attorney, Andrew Victor
Nichols Liu LLP Washington – July 16, 2018: Andrew Victor most recently an associate at Perkins Coie LLP, in the Government Contracts and White Collar & Investigations practice groups, is the latest addition to burgeoning Nichols Liu LLP. Andrew’s practice…
Nichols Liu LLP Washington – May 3, 2018: Nichols Liu LLP announced today Frederick W. Claybrook Jr, a former partner and founding member of Crowell & Moring LLP, joined the firm as Of Counsel. Claybrook has litigated some of the industry’s…
Nichols Liu Nabs Former Crowell Government Contracts Partner
Nichols Liu LLP Washington – July 11, 2017: Jason Lynch, most recently a Trial Attorney in the Fraud Section of the Department of Justice’s Civil Division, is the latest addition to the growing ranks of Nichols Liu LLP. Lynch’s practice…
Several government contracting attorneys and former government officials have created a new boutique law firm focused on contracting issues, including False Claims Act and international contracting cases.
Attorneys establish government contracting boutique firm
Including Nichols and name partner Andy Liu, a Former Federal prosecutor who was most recently general counsel of the Social Security Administration, the firm has six partners, one nonlawyer former diplomat, a special counsel investigator and a staff attorney. Its…
Just before 8 on the morning of Oct 21 2014, Robin Raphel climbed into her Ford Focus, put her purple briefcase on the passenger’s seat and began the 20-minute drive from her house in Washington to her office at the…
The troubled effort to build the giant U.S. Embassy in Baghdad seemed to be months away from completion when a team of top State Department officials flew to Iraq on March 20 to meet with senior staff from the prime…
U.S. Embassy in Baghdad Declared Ready, With Nudge by Rockets